For all of you who might have missed it (which is hard to believe), Fringe has finally ended! The season finale aired on January 18th, and it fortunately left us feeling mostly satisfied and fulfilled even though we were sad to see it end!
If you happened to miss the great end to Fringe, here is a recap. Careful! There are spoilers, so read at your own risk!
- We were treated to seeing the Observers and the "loyalists" taste some of the horrible endings others went through in the first four years.
- Viewers also got to go back to the "alternate universe" for a little while, and saw that Bolivia and Link had a family!
- Donald died and Michael played a music box in a beautifully sad moment. Sad!
- September wanted to walk off into the future with Michael, to show him he loved him (TEARS!!) but then September died and Walter took Michael's hand instead and led him off.
- Walter and Peter...I literally CANNOT express the emotions I had when Peter said "I love you dad."
- They found Gene the cow in amber, Walter told Astrid she had a lovely name, and they saved Broyles!
- Ultimately it was Michael who played a key role in saving the world and not Olivia although it was Olivia's telekinetic powers defeated Windmark
- They wound up back to the point where they were in the park in 2015 with Peter asking Etta to come to him, they were going home, only this time she did and waiting for Peter when they get home is a note from Walter with a drawing of the symbolic White Tulip of Forgiveness, an expression of hope and unconditional love.
Now the recap might not necessarily be in order, but I think we can all agree that all those moments above created one of the best finales to date. Did you watch the two part finale? What did you think? What were your favorite parts? Share below!