The Opening Sequence of Fringe is constantly changing to reflect what is happening on the show. It appears in every episode of Fringe, announcing the title of the show and the producers, J.J. Abrams , Alex Kurtzman , and Roberto Orci . It showcases many of the Fringe Glyphs as well as names of Fringe sciences.
The color of each Opening Sequence represents a different setting.
The Blue Opening Sequence is used in every episode from Season One, every episode from Season Two except for "Peter," "Over There: Part 1," and "Over There: Part 2," and most episodes in Season Three. Episodes with a blue Opening Sequence take place in the Prime Universe.
The Opening Sequence of Entrada changed between blue and red colors. This represents how the episode's narrative shifted constantly between the Prime Universe and Alternate Universe.
The Monochrome Opening Sequence was used in The Day We Died. It signaled a bleak, dying Earth in the year 2026.
The Observers Opening Sequence depicts a dystopian future with barbed wire fences and other prison-type images. It signals that the episode takes place in 2036. It is used in Letters of Transit and every episode from Season Five.
Each season has different Fringe Sciences in its opening sequence except for Peter, Subject 13, and The Day We Died.
Psychokinesis, Teleportation, Nanotechnology, Artificial Intelligence, Precognition, Dark Matter, Cybernetics, Suspended Animation, Transmogrification
Hypnosis, Pyrokinesis, Hive Mind, ESP, Neuroscience, Clairaudience, Cryonics, Parallel Universes, Astral Projection, Protoscience, Mutation, Genetic Engineering
Personal Computing, Cold Fusion, Cloning, DNA Profiling, Nanotechnology, Invisibility, Genetic Engineering, Laser Surgery, Stealth Technology, In Vitro Fertilization, Virtual Reality
Wormholes, Singularity, Speciation, Synesthesia, Transhumanism, Pandemic, Reanimation, Neural Networks, Telepathy, Transcendence, Retrocognition, Biotechnology
Cellular Rejuvenation, Thought Extraction, Cryptozoology, Neural Partitioning, Brain Porting, Temporal Plasticity, Dual Maternity, Chaos Structure, Clonal Transplantation, Water, Biosuspension, Hope
Existence, Quantum Entanglement, Philosopher's Stone, Psychometry, Viral Therapy, Ethereal Plane, Gravitons, Time Paradox, Psychogenesis, Bilocation, Psychic Surgery, Transgenics
Community, Joy, Individuality, Education, Imagination, Private Thought, Due Process, Ownership, Free Will, Freedom
- "Observers are Here" flashes during every Opening Sequence except for the Observer Sequence.
- Producer Roberto Orci's name was spelled as Robert during the Observers sequences for Letters of Transit and the first five episodes of Season Five.
- Seasons One and Five are the only seasons that use the same opening sequence for every episode. Season One used only the Blue Opening Sequence to represent the Prime Universe, while Season Five used only the Observers Sequence to signal 2036's oppressive rule by the Observers.
- Season Two used the Blue, Red, and Retro sequences.
- Season Three used the Blue, Red, Retro, and Black & White sequences. This season used the most Opening Sequences.
- Season Four used the Amber and Observers Sequences.
- Season One used repeated Fringe Sciences